Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes

Today I decided it was time to bake another batch of vanilla cupcakes after the last disastrous attempt. I was so relieved when they turned out okay! I used this recipe (Joy of Baking). Something about Stephanie Jaworski's recipes make me want to use them time and again because they are so reliable and relatively "approachable" - i.e they are simple and do not scare the living daylights out of me with over complications :)


Back to the cupcake. The cupcake was nice and fluffy, with a hint of lemon (due to the lemon zest. A light cupcake to enjoy on any occasion. I decided to go with a red/pink and green buttercream frosting, since Christmas is approaching! The frosting was ace, don't make the cupcake without it!!





p.s. sorry for that last horrible picture

More to come in the next few days!!!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment